TEACHER'S COPY - MAY COPY PAGE 2 FOR YOUR STUDENTS
Identification and Discussion Questions
1. Does this story remind you of others that you know?
(Boy with no Shoes; Damned Yankees; Barnum and Bailey Circus Story)
2. At first Barnum thought he wanted excitement, but with Lola in his life, he wanted more. Have you seen similar things happen to others? To you?
3. Why wasn't Barnum able to discuss marriage with Lola?
(She redirected the conversation: she didn't want a serious relationship with Barnum. It is a difficult topic to discuss.)
4. Why did Barnum stop seeing Lola?
(He felt used by her.)
5. Why did Barnum not seek help from Mother Moon?
(He didn't know her before she came to his office.)
6. Would anyone like to tell the story of the boy without shoes? Does it illustrate a good principle?
7. What do you think of Moon's advice for him to lose his sorrow in helping others?
How does the picture on page 77 relate to this story?
Just for Today
Focus on what others are trying to achieve. Select one person and do something that might help her or him accomplish a goal. Note if your efforts affect his or her behavior toward you. How did your behavior affect how you feel about yourself? The other person?
She did you wrong.